Monday, May 12, 2008

A Mother's Day Memoir


So Mother's Day has come and gone, and it was a Mother's Day to remember. My morning started off with DH cooking lots ( and I mean LOTS) of rice. We were having a dinner for the mother's at church and he volunteered to take the rice. Now, DH is a very good cook, and usually his food is really good, but for some reason he forgot to put the salt, then he burned one pot of rice. He also made the salsa, which came out YUMMY! Well, while he was cooking I was getting the kids ready for church, which I usually do anyway, and ironing, which he usually does, and feeding the kids.

I actually got to use my new gift which was a cuban mop that I have been asking him for for months, and he actually got it for me. It is funny that the simple things make me happy. I told him that it was one of the best gifts he could have gotten me. One of the kids had spilled syrup on the floor, so clean it up I did. Funny thing was, those of you that know DH, knows that he is stickler about the floor being sticky, and here he was, cooking, making salsa and walking in the syrup, without complaining or saying anything at all. When I asked him why he didn't tell me about it he said he was trying to not complain about anything. Now that was a sacrifice. HE HE!

Well, we were finally ready to go, and he had the rice sitting on the coffee table ready to take to the car, and Alexa decided to try it out, so she opened it and started eating, LOL!

All in all it was a great Mother's Day!

Also, thanks for your responses on chores, I have to say I agree with all of you, I think laundry is probably #1 for me too.

Have a Great Day Everyone!

2 comments:

loree2000 said...

Should I say "poor Eddie"? Or was he getting a taste of his own medicine!? HEE HEE

Glad you had a good Mother's day!

Sonya said...

Sounds like a great Mother's day.